According to the December ADP® National Employment Report, private sector employment increased by 807,000 jobs from the month of November to December, 2021.
- In December 2021, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported an unemployment rate of 4.2%
- The report is based upon a company’s reported payroll.
- The report describes the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis.
- December’s job growth brought the fourth quarter average to 625,000.
- The number was more than double estimates of 360,000
- The year’s job growth has averaged 514,000.
- November’s numbers were revised down from 534,000 to 505,000
The latest ADP report provides a look at the US employment situation, and supplements the previous US Bureau of Labor Statistics report. In the report, all sectors and industries showed growth. The leisure and hospitality sector showed the strongest growth whereas natural resources and mining had the lowest growth.
The Labor Department is set to release its monthly jobs report for December on January 7, 2022.