The U.S. Labor department reported 198,000 unemployment applications. This is the lowest level since 1969.
- 1.7 million Americans were collecting traditional unemployment aid the week that ended Dec. 18
- The unemployment rate peaked in 2020 to 14.8%
- The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.2%, close to what economists consider full employment.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor 8 states set or reached all-time low unemployment rates (first recorded in 1976).
- Nebraska has a current unemployment rate of 1.8%, the lowest in the nation.