• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenForo 1 XenWord 3.0.5.02 is Now Available

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
gracie submitted a new blog post

XenWord 3.0.5.02 is Now Available

happy_dog.jpg

XenWord 3.0.5.01 is now available in the download area of the store. This release is the bug fix for the first version to be marked beta.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
One thing, is there a thread discussing 4.5? Any issues besides requiring that check box I've seen to support it?

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Well, it looks like this plugin cannot support signatures? I suppose that should be stripped out or BB code support needs to be added to this comment plugin. Secondly, it doesn't appear my comments are showing up properly?

http://www.bubbleslayer.com/2016/03/30/windows-taking-bashing/

Jimmi Allison

Baby Bird
Well a few things, if i go with option number 2, would i then have to edit the plugin to what i had in the last plugin? it seems i have to.
So renaming the xenword-3.0.2.01(iirc) to xenword and then upload the new xenword-3.0.5.02 to where?
Cant one update without having to reconfigure it again?

Also i see that after i updated the forum to 4.5 it seems like it takes my WP user-name-link
"firstname-lastname" instead of using
"Firstname Lastname"
Sorry cant explain that much clearer :p

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Well a few things, if i go with option number 2, would i then have to edit the plugin to what i had in the last plugin? it seems i have to.
So renaming the xenword-3.0.2.01(iirc) to xenword and then upload the new xenword-3.0.5.02 to where?

Also i see that after i updated the forum to 4.5 it seems like it takes my WP user-name-link
"firstname-lastname" instead of using
"Firstname Lastname"
Sorry cant explain that much clearer :p
You'd want to start a thread in the community support forum. http://www.tuxreports.com/community/forums/xenword-3-x-support.267/

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor

Upgrading requires uploading the zip file via Add New in the Plugins part of the WordPress admin area. During the install, the correct folder will be created. Don't do anything via sFTP.

I'd wait for 3.0.6.01 to be tested on this site and upgrade to it. There are a few minor bug fixes and a huge change in authentication.

STEF

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Hello, I'm still fighting with comment system. For old articles, here is what is displayed :
upload_2016-4-30_13-18-37.png

in WP, only WP comments are display and the bubble with comment counts goes to XF.
How is it possible to diplay both of them please ?

By the way, it is not translated !

XF 1.5.7
WP 4.5.1
XW 3.0.5-02

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
@STEF -- the hook used is comments_array. This means a WordPress comment must be created before all things fire. Write a WordPress comment and you'll see what happens.

I've thought about other hooks but want to make sure sites aren't buggered up with an upgrade as intense as 3.0.5. And version 3.0.6 with the new authentication is going to be even more intense.

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
@STEF -- the hook used is comments_array. This means a WordPress comment must be created before all things fire. Write a WordPress comment and you'll see what happens.

I've thought about other hooks but want to make sure sites aren't buggered up with an upgrade as intense as 3.0.5. And version 3.0.6 with the new authentication is going to be even more intense.

Sounds good. Any rough estimate on how many features you'll need to work through before you get to comment synchronization?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Any rough estimate on how many features you'll need to work through before you get to comment synchronization?

Not at the moment. I'm trying to get the new authentication code down and it's taking all of my energy.