- John C. Eastman claimed attorney client privilege for documents dated January 4-7, 2021.
- A zoom court hearing occurred February 14, 2022 with Judge David Carter presiding in Santa Ana, California.
- January 6 Select Committee released a brief in opposition to the privilege assertions.
- According to the brief, "On January 2, 2021, the President and Plaintiff convened a video conference with hundreds of state legislators from swing states won by candidate Biden."
- "Michigan Republican Co-Chair, Meshawn Maddock publicly stated, for example, that she “fought to seat the electors” because “the Trump campaign asked us to do that."
- "For example, on January 4, 2021, President Trump and Plaintiff met with Vice President Pence and his staff ... Plaintiff tried to persuade the Vice President to take action on the electors."
Source: Brief Text
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.