• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Alpha XenWord Pro 2017.10.22 is available for download

Will you be upgrading to XenForo 2?

• Yes, as soon as it is available

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes, as soon as major add-ons are available

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
An alpha release of XenWord Pro 2017 is now available for download by all license holders.

This version is for testing only. Do NOT use on a production server. Instead, use XenWord 3.5.2 for live sites.

This version includes a switch between XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 installations. I would appreciate feedback on the XenForo 1 portion of the bridge. The XenForo 2 portion of the bridge is still under construction.

All feedback belongs in the XenWord Pro 2017 forum.

Known Issues
The loading of the xenword-admin.css (no CSS for widgets background color, or dashboard). P

The loading of the dashboard widget fails unless the support switch is enabled.

Troubleshooting Tips
Place the following in your WordPress wp-config.php file.

PHP:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Check the XenForo server error log for any errors being generated by XenWord Pro 2017.

Try to run through all of the switches and features which are important to you.

If you are using MAMP or XAMP then please run the server on different PHP versions. PHP 5.4+ is required.

Feedback Request
Please describe the steps to recreate any issues you've discovered.

New Features
Now that I've merged new XenForo 2 code with the XenWord legacy code, then it's time to consider any new features or changes you'd like in the plugin. I realize many of you prefer to be quiet; therefore, feel free to send Gracie a personal message and she'll post the ideas.

This product has taken over 6 months to develop. Merging older code into the /legacy directory has led to challenges with CSS and some of the features.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The fix for the CSS loading in the admin panel is found here. It is solved in XenWord 2017.10.23.

Last edited: