• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

New XenWord Sales Halted

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgr

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
He was last seen Sep 10, which makes it 10 days. He obviously has health issues... which are more important.

I do agree though, in that if he cannot maintain this, that he shifts it off to a competent developer. XF WP integration has really had a positive impact on my community. Google love WP... and users do too when a good layout is used.

Wishing @LPH the best for this health.

I just want him to know, whenever he's able and sees this, that apart from me, looks like there are others too whose business decision to use XenForo was based on the availability of XenWord. I don't think there are any alternatives to XenWord.

monolith

Baby Bird
XenWord Professional
People with the developer lic where are you, seems like there is $ to be made doing installs of xenword.??????!!

gturban

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
This is a shame! Would it be worth looking into collaborating with someone else? I can recommend someone if you wish?

sycoinc

Baby Bird
Just as I wish to purchase damn... but i know chargebacks are a pain from experience plus if has health issues see the reasoning behind it, will love to hear when its back up for purchase!

Keep up the good work

Frode789

Baby Bird
XenWord Owner
This addon really needs to be sold off to someone else then. :/ This addon is essential for anyone with WP and Xenforo. There is really no alternative (they suck compared to XenWord)

ZubzEr

Baby Bird
I'm also very interested in this addon and it is crucisl for my new community site. I tried several addons/bridges already and there is no real alternative to XenWord. Plz continue the work. There are (will) definitely (be) a lot of people interested in this kind of software! So am I.

PS: Hope you will be alright and recovered soon. Best wishes!

Digital Doctor

Teen Bird
I know LPH. He'll be back. I applaud his honesty to temporarily halt sales while he can't provide 100% support.

XenWord is still solid.
The sky isn't falling.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
"I know LPH. He'll be back. I applaud his honesty to temporarily halt sales while he can't provide 100% support. "

@Digital Doctor -- Correct. He was quietly working on it whenever possible. Supporting this bridge takes hours a day. He cannot spare that time because of his health and because of his move to another town.

His house sold the other day -- and so he's making plans. I suspect (and cannot promise) that he'll have a beta version out after people look at the new alpha just uploaded (3.0.0.04) and provide feedback.

Spanner_Man

Baby Bird
XenWord Professional
Personally I prefer a dev to be honest then to bullsh*t and lie and string people on. Hence why awhile ago I purchased the lifetime licence outright and first go and not once have I ever had the need to open a ticket or create a forum post - until now.

XenWord is so damn easy to setup and install if you take the time to actually look and read.

Reactions: sgr

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
The latest public alpha version is available for everyone who has a license. This way he can get more feedback.

It'll all work out. He sent me some code for 3.0.0.05 that finally has the XenForo widgets with a background color. I cannot stand trying to hunt for those widgets. Add the following to your xenword.css file.

Code:
#widget-list [id*='_xenword_'] .widget-top {
    background: #A0C6E3;
    color: #fff;
}

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Just an update.

LPH is staying with friends until his new house closes escrow. The Internet connection is 0.79 Mbps at his friend's house. You read that correctly my friends. The connection is very slow.

Escrow closes on December 14. He's trying to get the loan papers through as fast as possible.

There is a developer looking at the code and the two might work something out to push the plugin forward.

Also, some of you have figured out that LPH is letting select sales through. It's usually only a few a week - but feel free to purchase - after you test the plugin with the trial version.

Big-K

Tween Bird
I'm sorry to hear of LPH's illness etc.

I'm actually moving my site from Joomla to Wordpress solely because of Xenword and I hope the plugin comes back on stream soon.

In the meantime, the free trial version is also not available to download. Please enable.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
I'm sorry to hear of LPH's illness etc.

I'm actually moving my site from Joomla to Wordpress solely because of Xenword and I hope the plugin comes back on stream soon.

In the meantime, the free trial version is also not available to download. Please enable.

LPH is allowing sales for those contacting him but his internet connection is poor until December 12.

The free trial remains available. You should download it and try it on a test server.

Big-K

Tween Bird
LPH is allowing sales for those contacting him but his internet connection is poor until December 12.

The free trial remains available. You should download it and try it on a test server.

Thanks. I downloaded and tries the free version. There are some wrinkles, but I have enough confidence and have bought the developer licence. DO I need to get in touch with LPH directly by email?

Hopefully I can get a link to download and start playing with the tool asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.