Intel said on Tuesday that an improved PC market helped it to deliver quarterly earnings of $13.8 billion, operating income of $3.8 billion, net income of $2.8 billion and EPS of $0.55. The company also increased its full-year sales outlook.
An 83% year over year growth in Internet-of-Things was also announced.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich said “Our second-quarter results showed the strength of our strategy to extend the reach of Intel technology from the data center to PCs to the Internet of Things.”
- PC Client Group revenue of $8.7 billion, up 9 percent sequentially and up 6 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $3.5 billion, up 14 percent sequentially and up 19 percent year-over-year.
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $539 million, up 12 percent sequentially and up 24 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile and Communications Group revenue of $51 million, down 67 percent sequentially and down 83 percent year-over-year.
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $548 million, down 1 percent sequentially and up 3 percent year-over-year.