- To date, California has confirmed a total of 5,097,398 COVID-19 cases and 75,629 deaths
- Coronavirus related hospitalizations have increased approximately 12% in the last 7 days to 4,401.
- The first novel coronavirus case in California was confirmed Jan. 25, 2020.
- The first known coronavirus fatality in the U.S. happened in San Jose, CA on February 6, 2020.
- On March 19, 2020, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued the nation’s first statewide stay-at-home order
According to the California state covid-19 dashboard, over 5 million cases have been identified since January 2020.