A Learners’ View (ALV) Is Of Choices On The Shortest And Fastest Path To Learning, The Oxygen Of Social Life.
Definition: 1. Nonscientific discussions about learning, such as those based on belief, philosophy, speculation, habits, common practices, and teacher modeled/shared ideas and practices that sometimes precipitate experimental empirical studies.
2. a Common (conventional, sometimes becoming traditional) stories, legends, explanations, and instructions about learning passed from one educator to another. b Gossip that becomes traditional among educators and supporters of education, including among school board, government, accrediting, and foundations officials.
3. Promoting or using best practices, not based on experimental scientific study results, based on imitating at least in use of vocabulary what others have done that resulted in higher academic performance assessment scores.
4. Dominant practices and publications of and for educators in schools, including for pre- and in-service professional development not based on results of experimental empirical research reports.
5. (Technical) a Random trial-and-error use of word patterns and enforcement of their use as attempts to account for changes in behavior patterns called learning. b Randomly successful attempts to limit risks of learners not learning in schools.
Synonyms: SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE about learning refers to processes or results of research that support through correlations a practice or definition of learning, whether resulting from surveys or empirical experiments and whether or not they account for learning.
Antonyms: APPLICATION of experimental research report descriptions of learning features transliteration from report to lessons. DESCRIPTIONS OF LEARNING in reports from observations during experimental empirical research studies and validated in subsequent experimental studies and applications.
Metaphore: Go along to get along.
Comment: Folklore about education consists of primitive attempts, compared with application of experimental research study results, to convey skills and practices from one generation in society to other generations.
- A Learners’ View (ALV)
- Behind Classic Education at EduClassics.com
- Law of Teaching-Learning (LOTL)
- Technical-Scientific Literacy of Educators (TSLE)