• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenWord Experiences

Jwrbloom

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
I have some pre-sales questions, which hopefully curbs LPH hesitation to selling new licenses. (Maybe this already exists...)

Could some of you post examples or experiences of how you're using WordPress and XenWord bridge?

I have dealt with bridges with WordPress, and IPS' bridge worked really well, but it's no longer in development. IPS content features aren't very flexible, and I hate the idea of giving up on WordPress. Really, I hate the idea of having to choose between a good content system and a good forum.

I'm looking for...
Single sign on
User group syncing across both platforms (certainly preferred)
Xen posts to be displayed on my WP site (must)
I'd like it if a WP post would show up as a Xen post (not a deal breaker)
Cross platform menu usage? (not a deal breaker)

Without looking back at the features, I'm sure I saw most or all of that, but I'm wondering about the experiences you guys are having. It seems that people are pleased with the bridge, but I'm curious about direct experience.

I have a working knowledge of PHP and MySQL, and a really strong knowledge of WordPress, so installation won't be an issue.

Is anyone having any conflicts with themes or other WP plugins?
Is anyone having a conflict with WP plugins that enable selling of site/content subscriptions?

Thanks for everyone's time. I haven't bought Xenforo yet. I don't want to unless I can bridge it to WordPress.

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
Been using it with no problems for nearly a year now, I use some pretty comprehensive custom addons on wordpress, Caching ( W3 Total Cache ) along with some htaccess and page speed improvements and ive never had one problem. There are alot of features I do not use with XenWord so I say 100% everything works but for the most part it does what it says on the tin.

Reactions: LPH