• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenWord 3.0.0.05 Alpha Available

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
The XenWord 3.0.0.05 alpha is now available for download. This is still considered alpha by @LPH due to the directory structure re-arrangement. Please test before uploading onto a live production site.

-- Login to WordPress panel

-- Upload new version to server (I use the WP upload)

-- Deactivate older XenWord (Do not uninstall)

-- Log out of XenForo after you deactivate the plugin. Otherwise, you may get a conflict of user ids.

-- Login to WordPress with your WordPress admin account (XF and WP are no longer bridged).

-- Activate the new XenWord version

-- Logout and Login with XenForo admin ID.

-- Check settings in the XenWord panel.

Please post any issues in the bug forum. LPH is at a friend's house until escrow closes December 14. Internet connection is spotty.

Changes

Upgraded Redux Framework to v3.5.8.1
Added background color to widgets for easier identification
Fixed missing div tag in login widget, added CSS classes

ReneS

Young Flying Bird
Hello i have problem with the Sidebar (User Widget):

cats.jpg

And since the last two updates, the portal is linked no longer really with the XenForo Forum! Use a forum default and enter a default forum not engaged

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
The sidebar CSS is controlled in the xenword.css file. Modify the CSS to your theme's needs.

The default forum code hasn't been changed for quite some time. Please check your settings and see if something else has changed.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Thank you for the screenshot.

1. Please turn off advanced user mapping.

2. Go to the post in the WP post area and look to the right for the metabox with the XenForo Thread ID. Is there a number?

3. Check the database to see if the WordPress tables were modified.

Big-K

Tween Bird
Thank you for the screenshot.

1. Please turn off advanced user mapping.

2. Go to the post in the WP post area and look to the right for the metabox with the XenForo Thread ID. Is there a number?

3. Check the database to see if the WordPress tables were modified.

I turned off advanced user mapping as you suggested, there was no thread ID.

I have removed the new columns I added to Wordpress USer, Post and PostMeta tables (these were added to sync usedIDs)

I have uninstalled, reinstalled Xenword.

Threads are still not created. What else can you suggest?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Are you seeing the forum_id, thread_id, resource_category_id, and resource_id in the wp_posts table?

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 10.48.39 AM.png

Big-K

Tween Bird
Those fields are not created in wp_post. I have just tried installing on a vanilla WP, and vanilla Xenforo. Still no luck. ..about to give up

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
If those fields are not being created then it's clear that the activation of the plugin is not modifying your WP database tables.

Code:
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->posts} ADD `forum_id` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `ID` " );
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->posts} ADD `thread_id` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `forum_id` " );
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->posts} ADD `resource_category_id` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `thread_id` " );
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->posts} ADD `resource_id` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `resource_category_id` " );
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->users} ADD `xf_user_id` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `ID` " );
            $wpdb->query( "ALTER TABLE {$wpdb->comments} ADD `XF_post_ID` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `comment_post_ID` " );

Of course, you can simply create these fields manually in phpmyadmin or download XenWord 2.5.x, install and see if the tables are modified. :)

Big-K

Tween Bird
Thanks. Manual creation of tables helped. Hope the root cause can be found. ill now settle in to do test the system

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Thanks. Manual creation of tables helped. Hope the root cause can be found. ill now settle in to do test the system

I'm finding this doesn't always fire -- and am in the middle of re-writing the activator file.