• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

WP & Xenforo on different domains?

DaveAllen

Beta Tester
I would like to use the widgets on a domain running WP that is different than the xenforo domain. (They are on the same host, just different domains) I don't care about connecting any user logins for the xenforo and WP, only want to display recent posts and other widgets you provide for showing what's happening on the xenforo site on my WP site running on a different domain. (However, the automated thread creation on the xenforo site from the WP site would be a bonus)

NOTE: I realize that other threads have answered this question but am wondering if when only needing the widgets on the WP side for just showing recent posts and such would be different and work without the need for the user login parts.

Is this possible?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Actually. Your question is different from others.

Since I've never tried then I'm not sure what would happen. It might be better to modify XenWord and strip out the excess features.

DaveAllen

Beta Tester
Actually. Your question is different from others.

Since I've never tried then I'm not sure what would happen. It might be better to modify XenWord and strip out the excess features.

I (and I would think many others) would be very interested in a modified version that is only for the purpose of simply displaying widgets on a WP site only for viewing recent posts, etc.

IF you can ever make a version just for this purpose where a WP site on a different domain can simply have widgets for showing info from a xenforo on a different domain I really think you might have a secondary product that would make a few sales for people like me.

PLEASE let me know if you ever have this tested and ready for sale and I will be among the first to purchase!

DaveAllen

Beta Tester
Here is my use case. Hoping that xenword will work...

I have WP and Xenforo on the same dedicated server. However, they are different domain names and IP's.

I don't care about users being able to log into the WP side. I simply use that as a news site.

With my setup, will xenword work for me? If not all the features, which ones should work ok?

Will purchase right away if you can tell me if this should work with my setup.

Thanks much!

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Hi

Have you tried the trial version? You probably do not have access to the support ticket area -- but -- with the trial you can get to it. Download the trial, open a support ticket, and I'll provide you with a beta version. You can see if the widgets will pull. Fair enough?

DaveAllen

Beta Tester
Really want to get this going... Please give a link to the support system so I can try your beta.

Thanks much!

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
This is interesting. Your account should show that you downloaded it. Huh. Let me get this fixed.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
OK. You should now see a "Beta Tester" is listed under your name. This should give you access to the support ticket area !

If not - then let me know here and I'll see what is happening.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Just wanted to publicly thank everyone for their patience. June went by quickly :D

DaveAllen

Beta Tester
Any news on this?
Hi

Have you tried the trial version? You probably do not have access to the support ticket area -- but -- with the trial you can get to it. Download the trial, open a support ticket, and I'll provide you with a beta version. You can see if the widgets will pull. Fair enough?

Any news on all this? I created a support ticket requesting the beta so I can try and see if the widgets will pull but have not received anything yet. Is there something else I need to do?