• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

WP Categories and XF nodes...

Jwrbloom

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Maybe I missed a setting, but it would be great if...

1) WP Categories could have their XF node to post in by default. So each WP Category could have a corresponding XF Node.

2) The Author could choose which Node his WP Post gets cross posted into.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The Author could choose which Node his WP Post gets cross posted into.

Category mapping was done in earlier versions but larger sites wanted to be able to do a per post/forum matchup. I've considered adding it on in future versions but the demand for it has been extremely low.

There are currently two options.

1. Set a default forum to always be written to by any new WordPress posts.
2. Choose the forum at the time of the post.

Cross posting isn't something possible at this time.

Glad you are enjoying the plugin.

Jwrbloom

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Category mapping seems more preferable than picking as you post, but I'm thinking of how many times I would forget to pick the right board and have to repost.

Of course, you'd have the issue of dealing with multiple categories, which is the main reason why I wanted to not leave WordPress as a content source vs. using a forum software that has page elements to it (I moved over to Xenforo from IPS because of your bridge). That may be harder to tackle.

Is the method of picking which board to post in typing in the board number in the New Post panel?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Is the method of picking which board to post in typing in the board number in the New Post panel?

The forum titles are to the right of the post area in a pull down list.

3.0.1.04 post-new.png

Jwrbloom

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Sorry I didn't see this. I'm not getting that to show up. Is there a setting I might be missing?

Thank you.

Jwrbloom

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Yeah...thank you. I started playing around with it the settings after I posted that.

Reactions: LPH