• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Would Xenword work with my WP theme?

Jeffin

Baby Bird
Hi, I have a wordpress website with Real places theme installed on it. I want to have a forum community on it so users can discuss related topics. I want to know whether Xenword would integrate with this WP theme without any issues? I am not looking to integrate the posts on WP with threads in the forum. I mainly want to use this plugin to give members a common login username and password for both WP site and Xenforo community both of which would be accessible via the same domain and hard drive. Also Im wondering how user profiles would be integrated. WP site already has a neat profile page. My website is propertyred.com. Need your advice please.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I want to know whether Xenword would integrate with this WP theme without any issues?

Unfortunately there is no way to know without trying. Give the XenWord trial a spin and see what you think.

Also Im wondering how user profiles would be integrated. WP site already has a neat profile page.

While links can be changed, XenForo becomes the master and the XenForo pages become the links.

Jeffin

Baby Bird
Hi LPH, thank you for your reply.

My site's WP theme has its own profile page and custom user fields from which it displays user information on every other page. I think if I install this plugin and let xenforo manage user profiles, this would end up messing those pages that depend on the original WP theme's built-in profile section.

Is it possible to get Xenword to have forum user profile data stored and collected via WP's profile page rather than XF's profile page?
Also is it possible for Xenword to display avatar from WP's database?
Would this be to difficult to set it up like this?

Thanks.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Is it possible to get Xenword to have forum user profile data stored and collected via WP's profile page rather than XF's profile page?

There is a file copying select information. You could adjust it there but that is out of the scope of XenWord.

is it possible for Xenword to display avatar from WP's database?

The display of the XenForo avatar is due to a filter. You could shut that off but I've never tried.

Would this be to difficult to set it up like this?

It would be a matter of trying. Sorry to be vague but you are asking questions that typically a web designer would accomplish. The bridge is just the base for you to work from to build your site.