1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Mouse and USB Problems

Discussion in 'Notebooks' started by Steve, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Flightless Bird

My Dell Latitude D600 Laptop came with 2 USB ports (USB 1 or 2?) and
    I added a docking station. increases 2 USB to 4 ports. I need more than 3
    USB ports for - Wireless mouse, floppy drive, externa HD, wireless Linksys
    adaptors, flash card, DVD/CD-RW drive and printer.

I don't use the above USB attachments all at once, except external HD, wireless
    mouse, and flash card. If I add either 1 or 2 more USB attachments I have
    problems, the spaces between the USB slots are too close. I cannot get the USB
    inserted and also my wireless mouse become erratic. It seem that the wireless
    mouse must be at certain position to work properly. I added a 4 ports USB
    extension cable to the Docking station, fair no better as I cannot attached more
    than two USB attachmenton to the extended USB. The icons either missing or
    wireless mouse become erratic.

Anyone got better idea, what I need to do to get my mouse work properly with
    more than 3 USB attachments. BTW, are there an external powered USB edtension?

Thanks for your help.

2. Pen

Pen Flightless Bird

On 1/25/2010 3:20 PM, Steve wrote:
    >
    > My Dell Latitude D600 Laptop came with 2 USB ports (USB 1 or 2?) and
    > I added a docking station. increases 2 USB to 4 ports. I need more than 3
    > USB ports for - Wireless mouse, floppy drive, externa HD, wireless Linksys
    > adaptors, flash card, DVD/CD-RW drive and printer.
    >
    > I don't use the above USB attachments all at once, except external HD, wireless
    > mouse, and flash card. If I add either 1 or 2 more USB attachments I have
    > problems, the spaces between the USB slots are too close. I cannot get the USB
    > inserted and also my wireless mouse become erratic. It seem that the wireless
    > mouse must be at certain position to work properly. I added a 4 ports USB
    > extension cable to the Docking station, fair no better as I cannot attached more
    > than two USB attachmenton to the extended USB. The icons either missing or
    > wireless mouse become erratic.
    >
    > Anyone got better idea, what I need to do to get my mouse work properly with
    > more than 3 USB attachments. BTW, are there an external powered USB edtension?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    >

Get a powered USB2 hub. Some listed here.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=1228013606 4802&name=Top Sellers