1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why must I repeatedly accept EULA in Office 2003?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by eindel, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. eindel

    eindel Flightless Bird

    I installed Office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer, then uninstalled Office
    from my old computer. Even though I agreed to the End-User Licensing
    Agreement when installing Office on the new computer, I must always accept
    the Agreement when I attempt to open Outlook, Word, etc. Why is this?
    This did not happen when I used Office 2003 on my old computer.
     
  2. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    If you accepted the EULA as an administrator and this still happens,
    start Windows in Safe Mode and then accept it and that should put an end
    to it.

    eindel wrote:

    > I installed Office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer, then uninstalled Office
    > from my old computer. Even though I agreed to the End-User Licensing
    > Agreement when installing Office on the new computer, I must always accept
    > the Agreement when I attempt to open Outlook, Word, etc. Why is this?
    > This did not happen when I used Office 2003 on my old computer.
     
  3. Dave townsend

    Dave townsend Flightless Bird

    If you run it once as an administrator, that should fix it. I had the same
    issue installing Office 2003 with Vista and that took care of the problem. I
    found the fix searching the Office Support section of the Microsoft Website.
    I would also recommened that you install the patch that allows you to open
    Office 2007 Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs in 2003. Those would be docx. &
    xlsx .

    "Bob I" wrote:

    > If you accepted the EULA as an administrator and this still happens,
    > start Windows in Safe Mode and then accept it and that should put an end
    > to it.
    >
    > eindel wrote:
    >
    > > I installed Office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer, then uninstalled Office
    > > from my old computer. Even though I agreed to the End-User Licensing
    > > Agreement when installing Office on the new computer, I must always accept
    > > the Agreement when I attempt to open Outlook, Word, etc. Why is this?
    > > This did not happen when I used Office 2003 on my old computer.

    >
    > .
    >
     
  4. Dave townsend

    Dave townsend Flightless Bird

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/884202

    "Dave townsend" wrote:

    > If you run it once as an administrator, that should fix it. I had the same
    > issue installing Office 2003 with Vista and that took care of the problem. I
    > found the fix searching the Office Support section of the Microsoft Website.
    > I would also recommened that you install the patch that allows you to open
    > Office 2007 Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs in 2003. Those would be docx. &
    > xlsx .
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >
    > > If you accepted the EULA as an administrator and this still happens,
    > > start Windows in Safe Mode and then accept it and that should put an end
    > > to it.
    > >
    > > eindel wrote:
    > >
    > > > I installed Office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer, then uninstalled Office
    > > > from my old computer. Even though I agreed to the End-User Licensing
    > > > Agreement when installing Office on the new computer, I must always accept
    > > > the Agreement when I attempt to open Outlook, Word, etc. Why is this?
    > > > This did not happen when I used Office 2003 on my old computer.

    > >
    > > .
    > >
     

Share This Page