1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where got 20 inch laptop for sale?

Discussion in 'Notebooks' started by tanhks, Mar 17, 2010.

  1. tanhks

    tanhks Flightless Bird

    anyone know where got laptop with 20 inch lcd screen for sale?
    search in Amazon, shopping.hp.com, laptopdirect.co.uk...and some other
    website but couldn't find any 20in laptop.

    thanks

    --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---
     
  2. Barry Watzman

    Barry Watzman Flightless Bird

    The whole point of a laptop .... it's reason for being, at least
    initiallly .... was portability.

    Increasing screen sizes negate that, by definition. At some point,
    someone says "STOP!".

    I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
    laptop to justify it's production and sale. And I suspect that laptop
    makers feel the same way. Personally, I am of the opinion that even 17"
    is too big, but obviously there are 17" laptops and some people do buy
    them. As far as I know, however, that is as big as they come.


    tanhks wrote:
    > anyone know where got laptop with 20 inch lcd screen for sale?
    > search in Amazon, shopping.hp.com, laptopdirect.co.uk...and some other
    > website but couldn't find any 20in laptop.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---
     
  3. me@privacy.net

    me@privacy.net Flightless Bird

    Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

    >I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
    >laptop to justify it's production and sale.


    I'm thinking of buying a big laptop to use as a
    portable "TV"
     
  4. tanhks

    tanhks Flightless Bird

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I do not believe that there is a sufficiently large market for a 20-inch
    >> laptop to justify it's production and sale.

    >
    > I'm thinking of buying a big laptop to use as a
    > portable "TV"


    Yup, a portable "TV" powered by (internal) Li-ion batteries and also can
    be use as a computer.
    Although a 23" touch screen all in one is 'portable' also but it can't
    be powered by (internal)batteries.

    --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net ---
     
  5. Steve Pearce

    Steve Pearce Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:46:39 -0400, Barry Watzman
    <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

    >Personally, I am of the opinion that even 17"
    >is too big, but obviously there are 17" laptops and some people do buy
    >them. As far as I know, however, that is as big as they come.


    They come bigger than that, I have an 18.4" Acer and I'm very happy
    with it.
     
  6. davy

    davy Flightless Bird

    One thing could well be considered with a 20" screen.... would this not
    mean more power drawn for the CCFL's (backlights) than the smaller ones.

    'Acer 20\" laptop'
    (http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49261686,00.htm)

    You could always use a larger external monitor - gee they will be
    coming complete with tow rope casters next :D:D

    davy
     
  7. Roy

    Roy Flightless Bird

    On Mar 18, 7:48 am, tanhks <tan...@nospammail.com> wrote:
    > anyone know where got laptop with 20 inch lcd screen for sale?
    > search in Amazon, shopping.hp.com, laptopdirect.co.uk...and some other
    > website but couldn't find any 20in laptop.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...@netfront.net ---


    I am also a proud owner of these beasts.....
    AFAIK the largest laptop screen currently available is 18.4, I
    remember there used to be 20 inch one from HP IIRC but it did not
    last long....
    I don't see the point of desktop replacements with screen bigger than
    18 inches....
     
  8. M.L.

    M.L. Flightless Bird


    >One thing could well be considered with a 20" screen.... would this not
    >mean more power drawn for the CCFL's (backlights) than the smaller ones.
    >
    >'Acer 20\" laptop'
    >(http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49261686,00.htm)


    That article is nearly 4 years old.

    >You could always use a larger external monitor - gee they will be
    >coming complete with tow rope casters next :D:D
     
  9. Ganesh

    Ganesh Flightless Bird

    On Mar 30, 3:35 pm, M.L. <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote:
    > >One thing could well be considered with a 20" screen.... would this not
    > >mean more power drawn for the CCFL's (backlights) than the smaller ones.

    >
    > >'Acer 20\" laptop'
    > >(http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49261686,00.htm)

    >
    > That article is nearly 4 years old.
    >
    > >You could always use a larger external monitor - gee they will be
    > >coming complete with tow rope casters next :D:D


    Is that portable????
     
  10. Ganesh

    Ganesh Flightless Bird

    On Apr 15, 12:15 am, Ganesh <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Mar 30, 3:35 pm, M.L. <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > >One thing could well be considered with a 20" screen.... would this not
    > > >mean more power drawn for the CCFL's (backlights) than the smaller ones.

    >
    > > >'Acer 20\" laptop'
    > > >(http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49261686,00.htm)

    >
    > > That article is nearly 4 years old.

    >
    > > >You could always use a larger external monitor - gee they will be
    > > >coming complete with tow rope casters next :D:D

    >
    > Is that portable????


    I had trouble carrying my 14". I finally brought a Netbook
     
  11. forlan2074

    forlan2074 Flightless Bird

    I looking for a smart Acer netbook skins is having all the qualities for which i m looking for, Is this website is really good in providing notebooks with elegant skins? I am going to buy a new netbook.

    Acer netbook skins
     

Share This Page