• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Developing Story Walker Recall Petition

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Tomorrow is the day.

The Scott Walker Recall Petitions will be turned in for certification onTuesday, January 17, 2012. There must be at least 540,208 verifiable signatures for a new election. Will they have just enough signatures or more than enough?

According to WI election documents, "the recall election is held on the Tuesday of the 6th week after the recall petition is certified."

Update: Ed Shultz is reporting 1.5 million signatures but a guest states this number is not correct because the numbers have not been released.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I'm not convinced that a recall is called for. Who benefits if he is recalled?

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
Ah, they're afraid of the brothers? What have they done "wrong?" If that's the reason for the recall, then why not go after the brothers? Anyway, who's behind the recall that wants to reduce the influence of a Koch and what's in it for that person; an opening to run for governorship? Something smells without my cynicism mask on.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
1 million signatures were delivered today.

What are people afraid of from the brothers? While slashing jobs - and stating there isn't money - Walker was given power to transfer public property to the Koch brothers. The power companies were also transferred to the brothers' company. I believe there is a larger list but it's the money behind the "outside influence."

Oh - and there is no single reason for people to sign the recall petition. If there was one reason then it would smell.

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
Ammm. Does this make sense? If it does, why hasn't Walker been indicted for corruption or whatever accusations voters claim. This appears on the surface to be just another attempted political power grab by the "outs." Why would anyone trust the new mob any more than incumbents?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Ammm. Does this make sense? If it does, why hasn't Walker been indicted for corruption or whatever accusations voters claim. This appears on the surface to be just another attempted political power grab by the "outs." Why would anyone trust the new mob any more than incumbents?

I suspect indictments will happen. For example, Walker's former Chief of Staff from Milwaukee County faces charges for things that happened years ago. Court action does not happen immediately.

Here is a good laundry list of challenges, and allegations:

http://crooksandliars.com/kenneth-quinnell/walkergate-expands-top-aide-given

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
I don't know how much confidence to have in "suspect" and in biased websites that tout supposed "crooks and liars." At the same time, that site appears as a good place to plant innuendoes and other incomplete or false stories about a political rival. Yes?