LPH submitted a new blog post
Data from John Hopkins University suggest that the U.S. recorded 1,082,549 new SARS-CoV-2 cases on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- SARS-CoV-2 is an abbreviation for Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2.
- SARS‑CoV‑2 belongs to the broad family of viruses known as coronaviruses.
- The name coronavirus is based on the structure of the virus; it has "spikes."
- Numerous coronaviruses exist, in numerous species.
- The first human infected with a coronavirus was identified in the 1960s.
The United States surpassed all previous numbers of identified SARS-CoV-2 cases on Monday. This number was double from the previous week's reported numbers. Monday's numbers include holiday counts and backlogs.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.