The latest Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Situation Report shows the United States economy continues to rebound from the lockdowns due to the SARS CoV-2 virus. This report includes two measures of employment: the household survey and establishment survey.
- Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 467,000 in January 2022.
- Unemployment rate remains 4.0%. This is down 2.4% from last year.
- The number of unemployed persons remains at 6.5 million.
- The labor participation rate is 62.2% in January.
- The number of part time employed decreased to 3.7 million.
- The number of persons who teleworked increased to 15.4%.
The BLS report includes revised numbers for 2021. Preliminary numbers in March - July were revised lower while other months were increased.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.