LPH submitted a new blog post
The New York Times first reported NY attorney general Letitia James filed subpoenas for Former President Donald Trump (R), Ivanka Trump, and Don Jr. Trump.
- N.Y. attorney general Letitia James launched a civil investigation into the Trump Organization and its officers in March 2019
- The Trump Organization civil lawsuit overlaps with the Manhattan District Attorney’s criminal lawsuit
- Trump's son Eric Trump was deposed in late 2020
- July 1, 2021, a grand jury indicted the Trump Organization with a "15 year 'scheme to defraud' the government", conspiracy, and falsifying business records
- Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization's chief financial officer, was charged with 15 counts by a grand jury.
- N.Y. attorney general Letitia James issued subpoenas to Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Don Trump Jr.
- The subpoenas also add Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Donald Trump Jr. to the civil lawsuit as respondents
- On December 30, 2021, judge signed a stipulation to allow the Trumps to file a motion to quash the subpoenas
The judge signed off on a Dec. 30 stipulation that will allow the Trumps to file a motion to quash the subpoenas and for the attorney general to respond with a timetable for the judge to review the filings. Documents filed Monday stated Ivanka and Don Jr. would file a motion to the court.
Update: Ronald Fischetti, attorney for the Trumps, filed a motion to quash the subpoenas Monday January 3, 2021.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.