1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble installing IE8

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer' started by Pilinut, Jan 17, 2010.

  1. Pilinut

    Pilinut Flightless Bird

    When I tried to install IE8 I got the following message:

    The procedure point SHRegValueW could not be located in the dynamic link
    library SHLWAPI.dll.

    Any ideas on how to fix this? I did restart my computer to see if this
    message wasn't critical to IE8's function. It must be, however, since IE 6
    is what is still on my machine.

    Thanks, Celia
     
  2. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    PA Bear [MS MVP] Flightless Bird

    Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
    Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do
    so in your next reply.

    What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
    subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
    What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
    in the background when you attempted to install IE8?

    Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
    computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
    it)?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
    www.banthecheck.com


    Pilinut wrote:
    > When I tried to install IE8 I got the following message:
    >
    > The procedure point SHRegValueW could not be located in the dynamic link
    > library SHLWAPI.dll.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to fix this? I did restart my computer to see if this
    > message wasn't critical to IE8's function. It must be, however, since IE
    > 6
    > is what is still on my machine.
     
  3. Gnagflow428

    Gnagflow428 Flightless Bird

    I am having this same exact problem. I am using IE 6 with Windows XP Home
    Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1.

    I just recently had to wipe my hard drive so I don't think I have any
    anti-virus software currently installed, other than what may have come with
    Windows. I used to have Norton 2003 on here (it's an old computer). I don't
    know if there are any anti-spyware programs or firewalls. How do I find that
    out?

    As far as I know, no other programs were running when this problem occured.

    The error occurs right at the beginning of the installation, right after it
    says "extracting files".



    "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

    > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
    > Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do
    > so in your next reply.
    >
    > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
    > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
    > What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
    > in the background when you attempted to install IE8?
    >
    > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
    > computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
    > it)?
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
    > www.banthecheck.com
    >
    >
    > Pilinut wrote:
    > > When I tried to install IE8 I got the following message:
    > >
    > > The procedure point SHRegValueW could not be located in the dynamic link
    > > library SHLWAPI.dll.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on how to fix this? I did restart my computer to see if this
    > > message wasn't critical to IE8's function. It must be, however, since IE
    > > 6
    > > is what is still on my machine.

    >
    > .
    >
     
  4. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    PA Bear [MS MVP] Flightless Bird

    @Gnagflow428 only:

    Do another clean install per the following:

    Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100%
    trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of
    Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
    fix this!

    HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

    After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
    take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
    the machine to the internet or a network and before using a USB key that
    isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

    4 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/pypc.aspx

    Other helpful references include:

    HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
    (after a clean install)
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

    HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
    clean install)
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a066ae41add7dd2b

    Tip: After getting the computer fully-patched, download/install KB971029
    manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

    NB: Any Norton or McAfee free-trial that came preinstalled on the computer
    when you bought it will be reinstalled (but invalid) when Windows is
    reinstalled. You MUST uninstall the free-trial and download/run the
    appropriate removal tool before installing any updates, Windows Service
    Packs or IE upgrades and before installing your new anti-virus application
    (which will require WinXP SP3 to be installed).

    Norton Removal Tool
    ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

    Also see:

    Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/spyware/prevent.aspx

    Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/prevent.aspx

    Avoid Rogue Security Software!
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx



    Gnagflow428 wrote:
    > I am having this same exact problem. I am using IE 6 with Windows XP Home
    > Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1.
    >
    > I just recently had to wipe my hard drive so I don't think I have any
    > anti-virus software currently installed, other than what may have come
    > with
    > Windows. I used to have Norton 2003 on here (it's an old computer). I
    > don't
    > know if there are any anti-spyware programs or firewalls. How do I find
    > that
    > out?
    >
    > As far as I know, no other programs were running when this problem
    > occured.
    >
    > The error occurs right at the beginning of the installation, right after
    > it
    > says "extracting files".

    <snip hijackede thread>
     
  5. Jay-T

    Jay-T Flightless Bird

    If you used to have Norton 2003, do a control-alt-del and look in the
    "processes" and see if a file named "rtvscan.exe" is running. I used to
    have Norton Antivirus, but I set it up in msconfig to not start and not run
    any Symantec files when the computer boots up. But I later found that
    rtvscan.exe was running under processes anyway. After I completed
    uninstalled Norton Antivirus, the rtvscan.exe file was gone. I was having
    problems getting IE8 to install on a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer at the
    time.

    "Gnagflow428" <Gnagflow428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:EACFF4CB-B5AA-477D-8951-1BED5AA48A45@microsoft.com...
    >I am having this same exact problem. I am using IE 6 with Windows XP Home
    > Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1.
    >
    > I just recently had to wipe my hard drive so I don't think I have any
    > anti-virus software currently installed, other than what may have come
    > with
    > Windows. I used to have Norton 2003 on here (it's an old computer). I
    > don't
    > know if there are any anti-spyware programs or firewalls. How do I find
    > that
    > out?
    >
    > As far as I know, no other programs were running when this problem
    > occured.
    >
    > The error occurs right at the beginning of the installation, right after
    > it
    > says "extracting files".
    >
    >
    >
    > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
    >> SP2;
    >> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please
    >> do
    >> so in your next reply.
    >>
    >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
    >> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
    >> Defender)?
    >> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications
    >> running
    >> in the background when you attempted to install IE8?
    >>
    >> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
    >> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
    >> bought
    >> it)?
    >> --
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
    >> www.banthecheck.com
    >>
    >>
    >> Pilinut wrote:
    >> > When I tried to install IE8 I got the following message:
    >> >
    >> > The procedure point SHRegValueW could not be located in the dynamic
    >> > link
    >> > library SHLWAPI.dll.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas on how to fix this? I did restart my computer to see if this
    >> > message wasn't critical to IE8's function. It must be, however, since
    >> > IE
    >> > 6
    >> > is what is still on my machine.

    >>
    >> .
    >>
     

Share This Page