• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

The night Yaz hit his 400th home run

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
1979 was the year I was able to see the Green Monster for the first time (the only time). A friend had an extra ticket to a game - a game I was glad to have attended. I was fortunate enough to have been invited to a game that Yaz - the leaning tower - would hit his 400th home run.

Our seats were four rows back from home plate. You could see all of the action, all the errors, all the hits, and all the action.

The night air was crisp. We rode the train from Framingham to the park. We arrived in time to find our seats and relax for only a few minutes before the action began. While Yaz lived in the same neighborhood - I doubt he took the train. Regardless - Yaz was all we could talk about that night.

At one point Yaz stretched out high into the air and made a fantastic catch. Another time he almost hit the home run. Then the time came - the hit. We all knew it was the one.

Have you ever been invited to a game which became history?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Thank you for sharing. The Red Sox have always been my favorite baseball team.