• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Stay Healthy Or Die Young

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Mitt Romney is at it again. He's revising his revisions. Today's David Gregory fawning led to the following:

"Well, I'm not getting rid of all of health care reform," the former Massachusetts governor said in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press." "Of course there are a number of things that I like in health care reform that I'm going to put in place. One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage. Two is to assure that the marketplace allows for individuals to have policies that cover their family up to whatever age they might like. I also want individuals to be able to buy insurance, health insurance, on their own as opposed to only being able to get it on a tax advantage basis through their company."

OK. Stop the laughter. For months Romney stated his first day in office was going to be a repeal of Obamacare. Of course, this would take an act of Congress - but fact checkers are not going to be important to the republicans this year. No No. Let's just have Romney run around and say ... I'll keep this part ... because by saying that then some idiot is going to vote for me.

Update: The National Review requested clarification from the Romney campaign. The aide actually created more confusion.

In reference to how Romney would deal with those with young adults who want to remain on their parents’ plans, a Romney aide responded that there had been no change in Romney’s position and that “in a competitive environment, the marketplace will make available plans that include coverage for what there is demand for. He was not proposing a federal mandate to require insurance plans to offer those particular features.”

The Romney campaign responded with clarification to the clarification: a Romney aide responds, “Governor Romney will ensure that discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions who maintain continuous coverage is prohibited,”
View the Post on the Blog