LPH submitted a new blog post
Reporting from the end of December, 2021 suggested Senator Joe Manchin (WV-D) stated his support for a billionaire wealth tax in the Build Back Better (BB plan. Today, the Washington Post reported his proposals for the spending plan are off the table.
- The text for the House version is available online.
- The CBO released a cost estimate based on ten years of spending.
- The Democratic Party is the majority party in the senate.
- No Republican has offered support for the BBB plan.
- All Democrats would need to vote in favor of the legislation for it to pass.
- Senator Joe Manchin (D) has been signaling for months that he is not interested in BBB.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.