1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screwed up my resolution

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rfdjr1@optonline.bet, Sep 26, 2010.

1. rfdjr1@optonline.bet

rfdjr1@optonline.bet Flightless Bird

Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    to fix it? Thanks.

2. Paul

Paul Flightless Bird

rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    > Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    > monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    > set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    > Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    > 16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    > readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    > back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    > went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    > fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    > looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    > to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    > I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    > to fix it? Thanks.

Have you tried using a System Restore point ?

Perhaps that is the easiest way to get back to the way things were :)

Paul

3. Frank

Frank Flightless Bird

On 9/26/2010 7:03 PM, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    > Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    > monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    > set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    > Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    > 16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    > readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    > back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    > went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    > fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    > looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    > to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    > I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    > to fix it? Thanks.

Why not leave the res at default and make text and other items larger?

4. rfdjr1@optonline.bet

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:03:16 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:

>Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    >monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    >set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    >Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    >16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    >readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    >back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    >went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    >fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    >looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    >to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    >I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    >to fix it? Thanks.

Thanks. Found a setting in ATI Catalyst and got things fixed.

5. bhorvath13@comcast.net

bhorvath13@comcast.net Flightless Bird

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:46:34 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:03:16 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    >
    >>Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    >>monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    >>set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    >>Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    >>16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    >>readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    >>back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    >>went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    >>fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    >>looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    >>to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    >>I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    >>to fix it? Thanks.

>Thanks. Found a setting in ATI Catalyst and got things fixed.

And the setting WAS?????

6. rfdjr1@optonline.bet

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:26:20 -0400, bhorvath13@comcast.net wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:46:34 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:03:16 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    >>
    >>>Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    >>>monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    >>>set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    >>>Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    >>>16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    >>>readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    >>>back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    >>>went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    >>>fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    >>>looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    >>>to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    >>>I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    >>>to fix it? Thanks.

>>Thanks. Found a setting in ATI Catalyst and got things fixed.

>
    >And the setting WAS?????

Maintain Aspect Ratio. Somehow it got set to Use Centered Timings whatever the
    hell that is.

7. bhorvath13@comcast.net

bhorvath13@comcast.net Flightless Bird

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:57:23 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:26:20 -0400, bhorvath13@comcast.net wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:46:34 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:03:16 -0400, rfdjr1@optonline.bet wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native resolution on the
    >>>>monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor three months ago, I've had it
    >>>>set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to see without having to wear glasses.
    >>>>Tongith, for some stupid reason (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to
    >>>>16 bit to se what the difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was
    >>>>readjusting something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it
    >>>>back when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When I
    >>>>went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no longer
    >>>>fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with things. I've
    >>>>looked all through the settings, even reset the factory settings on the monitor
    >>>>to try and get a full screen back but I can't. I only get a full screen now when
    >>>>I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how
    >>>>to fix it? Thanks.
    >>>Thanks. Found a setting in ATI Catalyst and got things fixed.

>>
    >>And the setting WAS?????

>
    >Maintain Aspect Ratio. Somehow it got set to Use Centered Timings whatever the
    >hell that is.

Thanks, it might help someone else sometime.