• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

presale questions

Ralle

Tween Bird
Hi,

These are my questions:
1.) I have quite a large forum (110K Users) and start a new WP Blog along. Will all the users be copied and synced to the WP Database? Or can I narrow the synced users down to a specific Xenforo-usergroup to save db-performance?

2.) Would be nice if you could post screenshots of all settings-pages in your FAQ. I would like to know what I can setup for the comment-system. e.g. I do not want comments on my WP-pages, just a link to the xenforo-thread and some stats like likes an count of comments beneath the WP-content. is that possible?

3.) When I have the full texts of my WP-content copied into the XF-Threads: how well is the HTML-rendering of WP-content handled with embed media, galeries, plugin-shortcodes, etc?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Hi,

These are my questions:
1.) I have quite a large forum (110K Users) and start a new WP Blog along. Will all the users be copied and synced to the WP Database? Or can I narrow the synced users down to a specific Xenforo-usergroup to save db-performance?

2.) Would be nice if you could post screenshots of all settings-pages in your FAQ. I would like to know what I can setup for the comment-system. e.g. I do not want comments on my WP-pages, just a link to the xenforo-thread and some stats like likes an count of comments beneath the WP-content. is that possible?

3.) When I have the full texts of my WP-content copied into the XF-Threads: how well is the HTML-rendering of WP-content handled with embed media, galeries, plugin-shortcodes, etc?

Thank you!

1. All users are moved but a conditional could be added.
2. @LPH has been "incognito" for several weeks. This means he's working on something. A link is possible. We had it that way here for quite some time.
3. I doubt it copies to the extent that is desired -- justifications, image alignment, etc are not done. It's pretty raw.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Gracie pretty much nailed it with her answers.

Version 2.5 has been a rough. to get user mapping back into the plugin.