• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Presale info

andrea marucci

Baby Bird
Hello everybody. I'm the founder and president of a group of BMW bikers. Until now the registration at the group was free and we've asked $25 for the forum registration. The site run on Wordpress and the forum on Xenforo.

I use one plugin on the WP site for the members registration and they can say yes or no to the forum registration. If they say yes I send them an invite from the forum so they can register and pay the annual fee.

What I'd like to do now is to introduce the membership fee for the registration at the group so there's no more free subscriptions. Registration at our group will include the use of the forum so everyone is requested to subscribe also to the forum.

Now I've all the user registered on the WP site. Some of them are also forum users, some are not.

I'd like to know if I can accomplish my goal using Xenword and how can I manage all the existing users in WP...

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Hi

Let me try to explain how this plugin works in order to help you decide. XenWord redirects the WordPress login so that the user logs into the site using the XenForo ID. The WordPress login is no longer available. Once logged into the site, the script looks to see if there is a same user_ID (not always the same user). There is no user association (on the roadmap). Writing the XenForo user to the WP database can be turned on/off by the admin.

It's also important for you to read this document:

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/howto-align-wordpress-and-xenforo-admins.37/

Hope this helps.