• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

How Does User Integration Work?

Turtile

Baby Bird
I'm adding Wordpress to my Xenforo site and I would like to know how this plugin would deal with user integration.

Can I choose either software to handle the user sign-ups? If I delete either Xenforo or Wordpress, will users created in the software that no longer exists still work?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
XenForo becomes the user database and login is redirected to XenForo. Users log into XenForo and will have access to WordPress.

There is an option to copy XenForo users over to WordPress. Random Passwords are created to protect the WordPress users.

Turtile

Baby Bird
XenForo becomes the user database and login is redirected to XenForo. Users log into XenForo and will have access to WordPress.

There is an option to copy XenForo users over to WordPress. Random Passwords are created to protect the WordPress users.

So basically, if I got rid of XenForo, I could simply move all users over the Wordpress and they'd get new passwords?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
if I got rid of XenForo, I could simply move all users over the Wordpress and they'd get new passwords?

Random passwords are generated when the option is set to copy members into WordPress, however, once XenForo is gone then the users would need to ask for a password reset because they will not know those passwords.