• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Excerpt Add Back in

webs92

Tween Bird
Hi, I know you saw this in the main forums but wanted to post here so that you could keep track of the suggestion. Gracie was kind enough to provide feedback in the other thread,and if you have the ability to add this feature back in I think it would be a huge plus for those folks with existing sites. Many thanks for the consideration.

"
So I'm using the Avada theme which I think you're familiar with. I didn't manually create the excerpt; but Avada, automatically displays the post excerpt, for example by using this shortcode. see below; rather than having to go in and manually create each excerpt, I'm wondering if I could figure out a way; or pay someone to do a little custom coding so that the xenword "excerpt" field pulls from the same mechanism as what the Avada theme is doing. Would this be difficult to implement? I don't mind paying someone to do it if it could be done. Thanks!

[recent_posts columns="4" number_posts="4" cat_id="" thumbnail="yes" title="yes" meta="yes" excerpt="yes" excerpt_words="20"][/recent_posts]