• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Email is Out. Mailbox App is In.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Email is the worst possible form of communication. It's wasted time going through emails sent by people who send senseless emails. Worse, spammers clog up emails. Companies send a barrage of ads which distract from priorities.

Worse, we all have co-workers who send short emails which could be handled faster if they just got out of their chair and walked over and spoke to you. To add to the complexity, most of us are now connected to our email boxes via our mobile phones. And because of this nightmare, we all end up spending hours reading and deleting emails - trying to stay organized and ahead of the onslaught of information.

Mailbox App to the rescue. Designed to combine to-do lists and an email client into one application, mailbox app allows the user to sort through emails and push them into to-do lists.

If you want to download the iPhone application, you will quickly find that you must reserve a place in line before you actually have access to mailbox app. Two hours ago, the line was just over 100K. My reservation number is 424, 528.

Go ahead and download. The number of people with reservations since I installed the application is now 5, 531 .. no 2 .. no 3 ... no 9 ... ugh... Anyway, the number is increasing quickly.

Good luck.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Well - I still do not have the app. My number is now 253, 571 and there are over 553, 447 behind me.

To calculate, they are opening an average of 12,000 mailboxes a day. This suggests I am still 21 days away from getting the application.

As people are posting in the review section of iTunes, the wait is a negative and several posts state they will not wait. I disagree. There is no harm in just letting the app count down but my interest has lowered.