1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrees Symbol

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by S1L1Y1, Apr 12, 2010.

  1. S1L1Y1

    S1L1Y1 Flightless Bird

    I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    Sol
     
  2. Gordon

    Gordon Flightless Bird

    "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:eu8tIKm2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    > Sol
    >


    In Word 2007 do Insert-Symbol.
     
  3. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    Hold down the Alt key and type 0186 on the keypad.

    S1L1Y1 wrote:
    > I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    > Sol
    >
    >
     
  4. Michael

    Michael Flightless Bird

    You can do as Gordon suggested or you can hold the "Alt" key and press 0176
    as in 350°.

    --


    "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


    "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:eu8tIKm2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    > Sol
    >
     
  5. S1L1Y1

    S1L1Y1 Flightless Bird

    Thank You. But I just can not figure how do it. Its not working.
    "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
    news:4163054A-C795-4CF5-893D-9C9DCF8F1C0E@microsoft.com...
    > You can do as Gordon suggested or you can hold the "Alt" key and press
    > 0176 as in 350°.
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    > "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    > If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
    >
    >
    > "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:eu8tIKm2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    >> I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    >> Sol
    >>
     
  6. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    Humm, looks like I've been using the wrong one!

    Michael wrote:
    > You can do as Gordon suggested or you can hold the "Alt" key and press
    > 0176 as in 350°.
    >
     
  7. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    you have to type the numbers on the keypad, not the upper row.

    S1L1Y1 wrote:

    > Thank You. But I just can not figure how do it. Its not working.
    > "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
    > news:4163054A-C795-4CF5-893D-9C9DCF8F1C0E@microsoft.com...
    >
    >>You can do as Gordon suggested or you can hold the "Alt" key and press
    >>0176 as in 350°.
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>
    >>"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    >>If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
    >>
    >>
    >>"S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>news:eu8tIKm2KHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    >>
    >>>I can I type the small o symbol when I write lets say 350 degrees?
    >>>Sol
    >>>

    >
    >
    >
     
  8. Michael

    Michael Flightless Bird

    186 is bigger. I'm not sure which one is correct.
    º °

    --


    "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:#wAoO9m2KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    > Humm, looks like I've been using the wrong one!
    >
    > Michael wrote:
    >> You can do as Gordon suggested or you can hold the "Alt" key and press
    >> 0176 as in 350°.
    >>

    >
     
  9. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    the 0176 is correct for "degree", the 0186 is actually the "masculine
    ordinal indicator"

    Michael wrote:
    > 186 is bigger. I'm not sure which one is correct.
    > º °
    >
     
  10. Michael

    Michael Flightless Bird

    There's some information I'll be sure to use in the future. :)

    --


    "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:eDdR1fn2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    > the 0176 is correct for "degree", the 0186 is actually the "masculine
    > ordinal indicator"
    >
    > Michael wrote:
    >> 186 is bigger. I'm not sure which one is correct.
    >> º °
    >>

    >
     
  11. Michael

    Michael Flightless Bird

    There's some information I'll be sure to use in the future. :)

    --


    "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:eDdR1fn2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    > the 0176 is correct for "degree", the 0186 is actually the "masculine
    > ordinal indicator"
    >
    > Michael wrote:
    >> 186 is bigger. I'm not sure which one is correct.
    >> º °
    >>

    >
     
  12. BillyBob

    BillyBob Flightless Bird

    Am I correct in assuming that the masculine ordinal indicator is measured in
    inches ?

    Example: ° ¹ ² ³ etc.

    BB

    "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:eDdR1fn2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    the 0176 is correct for "degree", the 0186 is actually the "masculine
    ordinal indicator"

    Michael wrote:
    > 186 is bigger. I'm not sure which one is correct.
    > º °
    >
     
  13. Steve Rindsberg

    Steve Rindsberg Flightless Bird

    In article <48308446-E40B-4C79-80B2-2023163CCD10@microsoft.com>, BillyBob
    wrote:
    > Am I correct in assuming that the masculine ordinal indicator is measured in
    > inches ?


    By optimists, yes.

    For realists, cm.

    Pessimists, mm.
     
  14. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

    Steve Rindsberg wrote:

    > In article <48308446-E40B-4C79-80B2-2023163CCD10@microsoft.com>, BillyBob
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Am I correct in assuming that the masculine ordinal indicator is measured in
    >>inches ?

    >
    >
    > By optimists, yes.
    >
    > For realists, cm.
    >
    > Pessimists, mm.
    >

    Typists, points?
     
  15. Steve Rindsberg

    Steve Rindsberg Flightless Bird

    In article <us7QHRy2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
    > Steve Rindsberg wrote:
    >
    > > In article <48308446-E40B-4C79-80B2-2023163CCD10@microsoft.com>, BillyBob
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Am I correct in assuming that the masculine ordinal indicator is measured in
    > >>inches ?

    > >
    > >
    > > By optimists, yes.
    > >
    > > For realists, cm.
    > >
    > > Pessimists, mm.
    > >

    > Typists, points?


    Or art directors. Yep.
     
  16. BillyBob

    BillyBob Flightless Bird

    "Steve Rindsberg" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message
    news:vA.00005880.3e2226bb@localhost.com...
    > In article <48308446-E40B-4C79-80B2-2023163CCD10@microsoft.com>, BillyBob
    > wrote:
    >> Am I correct in assuming that the masculine ordinal indicator is measured
    >> in
    >> inches ?

    >
    > By optimists, yes.
    >
    > For realists, cm.
    >
    > Pessimists, mm.


    I was optimistic until I made the measurement. Realistically I am a
    pessimist !
     

Share This Page