• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

30-second long House sessions

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Prior to Christmas the republicans demanded a two month extension agreement be re-negotiated. They stood in front of cameras and said, "We are here to work."

Now the tables have turned.

In order to avoid a recess, the republicans are using 30-second sessions to suggest they are still working. The democrats attempted to be recognized by the Speaker Pro Tempore but the gavel landed and the 30-second session was over. C-SPAN cameras located in the room went blank.

The House of Representatives is scheduled to return to legislative business on Jan. 17 while the Senate plans to return Jan. 23

Really? I'd love this job: always cry for money, cry the other person is not working, cry that riders are on bills then attach your own, cry that rules are not being followed - only to create your own - then get yourself re-elected by arranging districts so that you can't lose. Gotta love it.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I wonder if someone still has time to file papers to run for representative of a congressional district? As I remember, a representative does not have to live in the district he/she represents. Living in another district could add interest to a campaign!