• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

3.0.5.02 lack of functionality

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
It appears that when deleting comments from the XF side does not remove them from the WP side and they will come back when the page refreshes. Additionally, deleting or unapproving comments from the WP side does not remove them from the XF side.

I think that the common idea is that these comments should be syncronized, and that either comment management system should be functional here? It would be quite cumbersome to require going back to the WP dashboard to remove any comments, and then come back to XF to delete them as well.

Another case, is that comments on XF side do not seem to appear on the WP side.

Please see: http://www.bubbleslayer.com/2016/04...amed-neo-will-coexist-regular-ps4/#comment-19

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Synchronization is not part of the script yet but definitely something that @LPH should consider.

In your second case, the announcement states:

Before replies from XenForo are written, a WordPress comment must be created. This is due to the WordPress hook used in the Displays.php file. If you’d prefer, you may replace line 34 comments_array with the hook the_content.

This means there must be a WordPress comment before there is a trigger to write the XenForo to WordPress. This is due to the hook used in the script. Feel free to change it, I did on the development environment to test it. Test on a development environment.

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Synchronization is not part of the script yet but definitely something that @LPH should consider.

In your second case, the announcement states:

This means there must be a WordPress comment before there is a trigger to write the XenForo to WordPress. This is due to the hook used in the script. Feel free to change it, I did on the development environment to test it. Test on a development environment.
So what happens when I make that change? And why isn't that the default behavior?

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Something very strange, when I turned on wpdiscuz, the comments now work both directions.

Also, another thing. if they are automatically watching on XF, and they select to be notified on the wpdiscuz, do they get two notifications of new comments?

doublespaces

Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Not to spam, but another reason for this syncronization, is because:

1) Comments must be deleted from WP in order to delete them from XF.

2) Comments must be deleted from XF in order for the comment count on WP side to display correctly.

So no matter what you do, the comment moderation must occur on both sides otherwise comments will sprout back up, not delete on XF and the comment count will be wrong.

These are just my obvservations, hopefully my input isn't too redundant of what you already know. But good progress, I love the wpdiscuz, I just wish that it would display the, "Join the discussion" when the user is NOT logged in. And when they click in the box they go to the login area where it shows the built in social login options. I have yet to test the social login features which are part of wpdiscuz, I'll do that next.

EDIT: Looks like wpdiscuz requires that you use a different plugin which will do the login for you. This appears it may bypass the default xenforo login process. It requires signing up for another app ID with Facebook for example, which I have not done.

Last edited:

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Not spamming. I'm sure @LPH reads these posts. I only have the default install of wpdiscuz and not social media, etc.

We'll see what @LPH does with the files :)