XenWord is an amalgam of work developed over the past year, including work from xfrocks, fighter1405, and numerous others asking about WordPress bridges in the XF community forums.
- Compatible XenWord Versions:
- Compatible WP Versions:
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
- Yes, but removable with payment
- Login to WordPress with your XenForo account (user authentication is entirely handled by XenForo)
- Automatically create XenForo threads for new WordPress posts and pages
- Match forums to categories
- Store WordPress comments as thread replies on XenForo
- Sync and display XenForo avatars within WordPress
- The latest five forum posts
- The latest five resources
This is a WordPress bridge and installation is completed as a WordPress plugin.
- Upload all files into the path/to/wp-content/plugins directory
- Login to your WordPress admin panel: path/to/wp-admin
- Activate the plugin
- Go to the XenWord Configuration page (Settings page).
- Enter the XF installation location.
- Login will redirect you to XenForo
- Go to /wp-admin -> Configuration page. Match forums to categories.
Author pages are not working if the author does not exist in WordPress. In my WordPress child theme, I modified my post area to link to the author's website instead of a WP created author's page.
Permalink structure should never start with a word-based permalink keywords (%category%, %tag%, %postname%, or %author%). This adds to the number of queries and will slow the site. Start with a number in the structure. Day and Name are working on my site.
A Simple WordPress and XenForo Bridge
- New User Permissions Based on XenForo Secondary Usergroup Mar 1, 2014
- New Feature: XenForo Thread_ID shows in WordPress admin Feb 26, 2014
- XenForo 1.3 Beta 1 Compatibility Feb 22, 2014