• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Xenword Integration

Emmy

Tween Bird
Hello Folks,

I am working on a wordpress site now and will be purchasing Xenword once that is done. Currently, I have a XF forum (Nigeriamessageboard.com) with Extra portal running as my home page. What I need is this once I purchase Xenword. I would like the wordpress to be the main site and the forum will be an external link called community/forum (just like it is on this site). I know i will disable the Extra portal that serve as a home page once that is done - My question is

1. How would I integrate the new wordpress site to the forum and the settings involved in XF - so that my new url will take you to the main site instead of the forum as it is now on XF

Thank you for your help
Emmy~

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi

You should move the files for XenForo to /community and install WordPress in the root.

Until you install WordPress, it is possible to move your XenForo files into /community and have it load properly. In the root, place a simple "splash" page with the XenForo information until you get WordPress installed.

You'll want to work this all out on paper before making any file moves.