• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenForo 1 XenWord 3.5.2 is Available

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The issue with comments for sites turning off the write XenForo users to the WordPress database was quite a mess. In going through the code, this error happened between 3.4.3.1 and 3.4.3. This is when I changed the query in posts to use WP_Comment_Query. Simply returning the old code still failed with a has_cap error. Instead, I copied over the old file into 3.5.2, updated to code to use WP_Comment_Query and the error no longer exists.

In doing a file compare between working and non-working, there are spaces after the declaration of the class. I don't see any other differences. It's very strange but glad 3.5.2 no longer shows the error with the feature on or off. Comments now work properly and comments are added properly.

Here is the complete changelog between 3.5 and 3.5.2. Everyone using 3.5 should upgrade.

( 136 ) 3.5.2 - October 10, 2017
Posts.php file returned to 3.4.3 version then corrected to using WP_Comment_Query

( 135 ) 3.5.1 - October 7, 2017
Upgraded Redux Framework v3.6.7.7
Rewrote check user to use get_userdata instead of the sql statement
Rename check_user method to check_user_exists
Rewrote class-xenword-add_users_to_wp.php to WordPress and login conditionals
Change comment argument array to include unapproved comments (which can lead to duplicate comment message).
Constructor changed to private in Posts.php

Please make sure that you save all settings after updating and those using multisite should update the admin prior to activating.

Please let me know if you discover a feature not working properly.