• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

What can you do in 10 hours?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor

Intel is on record stating that Clover Trail (Intel Atom Z2760) tablets will have up to 10 hours of battery life and will last up to three weeks in standby mode.

... the new Atom runs at 1.8GHz and has a dual-core, four-thread CPU and the more recent PowerVR SGX 545 inside, and a TDP of just 1.7 watts, which means the chip should require less cooling and offer more battery life than laptop-sized Atoms even when fully stressed.

This started the questions which led me to, what can you do in 10 hours?
  • Plant a few trees - ha ! Use Houzz
  • Write a blog post or two (getting distracted on twitter)
  • Read a ton of blog posts
  • Watch a few netflix movies (half the time spent looking for a few that I haven't seen)
  • Paint a bathroom, two coats - ha ! Still using Houzz.
  • Clean the house
  • Wash my car - including a few hours of procrastination because I'm still on Houzz
  • Drive from Southern California to Prescott Arizona, with a few hour stop for lunch, dinner, and a few hours of shopping. Using my Mobile Mi-Fi the whole way.
  • Drive to Disneyland, spend time in the park, eat dinner, and return home (Mi-Fi all the way!)
  • Read a good book - using Kindle's app

How about you - what could you do with ten hours of battery life?
Visit the Original Blog Post