• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Screenshots of WP author tools?

Ralle

Tween Bird
Hi,

I would like to see screenshots of how your bridge presents itself to the WP-users when creating a post or browsing the backend.

I learned that with scheduled posts there is no xf-Thread created, which is a BIG bummer to me.
But I hope there is a link or a button "create XF-Thread" to quickly create one by hand after post has been published?

Also: do you have filters in the posts-list in the WP-backend like,
"show all posts that..."
- have no related xf-thread
- have been changed after xf-thread creation / editdate
- have been "de-published" but xf-thread still exists

IPF

Young Flying Bird
But I hope there is a link or a button "create XF-Thread" to quickly create one by hand after post has been published?
I asked the same question just yesterday and @LPH gave this solution and it works. :)

Edit the blog post and choose the forum / subforum in the drop down menu and click update. It will create a thread and the thread ID box will be filled automatically.

Capture.JPG

IPF

Young Flying Bird
He gave a second solution - To merge with an existing forum thread, simply add the thread ID and update WP post. This did not work as well as the first solution. It did not pull the featured image for me.

IPF

Young Flying Bird
Hmm ... can you add that to the bug area so I can keep track of things. This is something needing work.
Okay.

I noticed one more funny thing -

Consider this scenario
1. Preexisting WP posts without forum threads
2. Blog post author has not yet browsed the WP section. So accounts not yet linked.

If I update a blog post by this author, the thread is started in forum as expected. The thread starter is shown as a guest instead of as a member of the forum though the name is the same as that of the author / contributor. Which is also expected. No issues.

But that thread starter gets the "top poster of the month" title band under her name. :D
Check this
xw 1.JPG

IPF

Young Flying Bird
So now I am waiting for the members to first link their accounts before I update their blogs.

Reactions: LPH

Ralle

Tween Bird
"show all posts that..."

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
"show all posts that..."

No. I haven't even thought of doing something like that ... :D

Feel free to make the suggestion in the forum so that everyone can discuss it.