• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Political Truisms Abound in Georgia

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Imagine writing a bill requiring others to submit to drug tests - only to be an offender. Meet Kip Smith, a republican Georgia state representative, who wrote the legislation requiring welfare recipients to be drug tested.

Hypocrite.

Smith, whose given name is John Andrew Smith, first told the officer he had not consumed any alcoholic beverages.

“I asked him again, and he stated he had consumed a single beer at Hal’s. I noticed also that Mr. Smith’s eyes were watery, and I asked him to exit the vehicle, which he did,” Kramer said in the report.
Smith told the officer he’d had the beer 45 minutes earlier, and the officer asked him to blow into a hand-held “intoximeter”. The officer said the lawmaker refused, stating he would prefer to go to a clinic or the hospital to get tested.

The officer said Smith finally agreed to blow into the device. The report stated that Smith blew a .091., which is above the legal limit of .08.

Source: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...-georgia-welfare-recipients-arrested-for-dui/