• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenForo 1 PHP v5.4 - really or just to be correct?

bulbasnore

Baby Bird
Long story short, I have to retain php5.3 for a while, as much as I want to upgrade. I'd like to attached our WordPress front page to our migrated Xenforo forums NOW so we can get going with SSO and all the goodness of XenWord Pro. Is the 5.4 requirement functional, or would php 5.3 work? Xenforo 1.5, Wordpress latest, php 5.3 :(

Backstory - we have a specialized front-end app that runs off an image database that dies when I upgrade to php5.4. I had to revert. So, I have to take half the images and convert to static html for archive purpose, half to a new image database, and then rewrite the front-en app before I can turn off the old image database.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi

PHP 5.4 is required for XenWord Pro 2017 due to the use of traits, and some of the newer coding.

If you use XenWord Pro 3.5.2 then it should be okay. I haven't tested it lately -- but I cannot think of a reason why it wouldn't work.