• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

LPH and Health

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
This was not going to be public but many people are starting to do multiple posts plus emails -- creating a problem.

Support needs to be done in support tickets so that I can help. Why?

If you email LPH then I cannot help you and will not know that you need help :D

If you post multiple places then we cannot keep a coherent conversation going. I really don't know how in the heck he was helping so many people at once !!

More important, many of you are noticing that LPH is not online as often as he was prior to the end of May.

LPH has been offline due to health concerns. He is not dying. He's not dead. It's not end of life. However, his blood pressure started to increase in October of last year (hitting over 180) and by the end of May his blood pressure was consistently being measured 199/135. Something had to change.

LPH started taking medication. After the second day he fell asleep at 9 pm and didn't wake until 3pm the next day. Other medication side effects were also very noticeable. We lovingly described him as saying, "Whatever" throughout the day (when he was awake).

The doctor made several suggestions at the end of June and the medication was cut in half. He gets up for a few hours a day - nothing compared to his schedule over the past few years. But his thoughts are still very sluggish (His jokes can get really bad).

He spent the last few days helping his nephew and says he's much better but the headaches have returned. He'll be fine. I'm sure he'd appreciate a nice note - using this thread.

Expect him to be available on a limited basis but he'd be really upset if anyone felt they were being ignored. This is why I ask, again, that you please use the support ticket area so that I can help you.

Those asking for custom support don't need to worry. He's just - well - let's tease him and say that's he's slow.

I hope this answers some questions for everyone. After all, he's done a great job expanding this little plugin over the years and he has lots of ideas to make it even better (3.x !).

Here is to everyone having a great weekend.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Take care of yourself, lph. For now, that's most important. Thanks for the info, Gracie. I like your Live with grace comment. A worthy ambition.