• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Waiting for response HOWTO: Align WordPress and XenForo Admins

yavuz

Baby Bird
I'm kind of stuck; since I have not active wordpress users in my wordpress installation I have reduced it only one admin account.

I've changed the ID to the XenForo ID but changing the ID got me locked out from wordpress admin panel.

This process is kind of confusing and tiresome.

I'd appreciate your help.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
This is very important. XenWord requires alignment of the admin account.

In your particular case, if you have a XenForo user_id of 1 then make sure the same exists in WordPress.

Being locked out means you haven't set up things properly. Without knowing the version of XenWord, I can only give general directions.

First, deactivate XenWord.
FTP to the site and rename the xenword folder OR delete the folder and files.
Second, verify user_id in XenForo and WordPress agree.
Third, setup the secondary user mapping in XenForo
Fourth, activate XenWord 3.5.2 with the proper user mapping

Now, if you aren't using the mapping then make sure you have the user in WordPress set as an administrator.

yavuz

Baby Bird
Thank you for your answer. I'm having generally problems setting this up. I don't know which ID is referred when I look into my PHPMyadmin settings.

I also think I can't use this for a long time on a productive enviroment.

At this point I have decided not to use this addon anymore. I'd like to ask for refund if possible.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
I’d be more than happy to set it up for you. The plugin is straight forward in requirements as I outlined above; however, without specifics, I can only answer in general.

@LPH is with family for the holidays. He always refunds anyone asking.

If you’d like me to set it up then, and the site is in English, then please PM me.

yavuz

Baby Bird
Thank you Gracie, I struggled for a while but got no response from the site so that I've lost interest. I'm not going to use WordPress as a portal anymore.

Thank you anyways.