• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Featured Image Size + Per Post

Falcon

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Hello,

Featured Images are only showing 150x150 thumbnails in a XenForo Thread. Also it would be great if featured thumbnails were on a post basis as well.

Falcon

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
OK. Let's consider the code for pulling the featured image. From the class-xenword-thread-creation.php file:

Code:
$featured_image= wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'thumbnail' );

This would need to be changed to include $size or $attr.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_post_thumbnail

Code:
<?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail( $post_id, $size, $attr ); ?>

Thanks Gracie, I'll try this when I get a chance.

At the moment I have it turned off, because I'm using mainly YouTube videos so I don't really need the featured image to show on the forums.

However it would be great if in a future update there's a selection that says "thumbnail, small, medium, large, original" just like the default WordPress selections when you add a picture.

Thanks a lot for the response.

STEF

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Hello, I know LPH is not online anymore but I tried to display full featured image with excerpt published thread but it's always a 150x150 image even with the following code in class-xenword-thread-creation.php :
Code:
$featured_image= wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'large' );
it didn't work.

Any idea ?

STEF

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
I found : it depends on the theme : mine "large" means "full". Check your theme function.php

Kerby

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Could the suggestion of STEF be integrated? This is one of the most needed issue for me for Xenword, because at the moment I have to manually replace every time the 150x150 image in xf thread with full size image link of wordpress.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Could the suggestion of STEF be integrated? This is one of the most needed issue for me for Xenword, because at the moment I have to manually replace every time the 150x150 image in xf thread with full size image link of wordpress.

This is now available in 3.0.0.07. A switch option in the image section of the XenWord panel may now be set to on or off. The code is wrapped in a conditional.