• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Education Fights Ignorance

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I think the core reason "education" exists is for "us" to fight the ignorance "they" demonstrate or "we" expect them to demonstrate without us showing them a better or correct way to act.

We are anyone who tells or shows another what and how to do something. They are those we tell or show.

This post is a demonstration by a "we." If you read it, you are a "they." If you respond to the post, you are a "we." And so education continues its fight against ignorance. Yes?

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Given this demonstration, what is ignorance? I don't mean to play word games. To me, this is a fundamental question to address in order to say what "education" means.

How about this for a working definition of ignorance? A person demonstrates ignorance while ignoring what another person "knows" or sees, hears, and in other ways senses.

Thus, the word education represents a social provision for showing and telling an ignorant (a descriptor, not a pejorative) person how to do something others do. Yes?