• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Implemented Add Tab For Science

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Please consider adding a tab for news of discoveries in science and for related debates.

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
I have several stories I'd like to add and link to original sources. Will post them under Science or onto TPCEBlog as I have in the past?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
LOL. Did you see that Huffington Post just started a science section?

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
Looks good. Thank you. I have items to add, but am unclear whether to add them as News (when the come from news releases, etc.) or as Science because they are from scientific reports. Ah, what to do, where to enter, ... :confused:

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Looks good. Thank you. I have items to add, but am unclear whether to add them as News (when the come from news releases, etc.) or as Science because they are from scientific reports. Ah, what to do, where to enter, ... :confused:

News = events
Science = published reports, experimental results and conclusions

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Thanks for the distinctions. They make sense.

We may want to loosen the distinctions at times - so - don't get too caught up in a strong line. Besides, we can promote any science story to news ... the blue button in the top-right of the thread allows that ;)

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
K. Now, to find the blue button, so I see what you said can happen :)

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Does this help?

Community.png

Robert Heiny

Flight Instructor
Thank you. I wondered what results from that prompt. Just hadn't tried it.