• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Implemented XenWord Thread Creation: Defaults

Tecca

Tween Bird
XenWord Owner
I suppose with the latest version of XenWord (2.4.1.07), the default forum ID has been removed? It makes sense because you can now select which forum to post to while creating a WordPress post. Would you consider adding default dropdowns per post type? In other words: for Posts, I'd like to default them to go into a forum called Articles on XenForo with ID of 6. With a custom post type of Announcements, I'd like them to default to a forum called Announcements with ID of 20.

Then when we attempt to create an Announcement in WordPress, the dropdown has the XenForo Announcements forum automatically selected. I feel this is a good method to use when there are multiple WordPress authors that may not even recognize what XenWord is, while also allowing them to ignore which forum their post should go into. One less step for authors, but one additional step for the person configuring XenWord (though the step could also be optional). I feel like that adds a good balance without having to teach your authors which forum they need to select when writing an article. They'd still have the option of selecting a different forum if they know what they're doing. Otherwise, they can leave it as-is.

Excuse me if something like this is already there, I made the jump directly from 2.1.0.03 so I've been a bit out of the loop with XenWord lately.