• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

xenWord Integration for WP Plugins

muffinjello

Baby Bird
Hi, I have a question (which the trial version has not addressed).

When users are signed in (through xF/xenword), when they go to the WP site, how will WordPress plugins that deal with logging in users, act?

Will these users look like normal WP users to the wordpress plugins? Custom permissions? etc.
I.e. if there was a shopping cart.

muffinjello

Baby Bird
Furthermore, how would xenWord react / work with xenForo users who are added directly to the xenForo database with MySQL (i.e. not through xenForo's registration system). I'm looking to import a lot of users from a file format that doesn't already have an importer, and it doesn't make sense for me to make an importer for just this one use case, so I'm looking at just using .csv files or something to import all of the users and posts. Is this a problem for xenWord?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
how will WordPress plugins that deal with logging in users, act?

The WordPress login is redirected to XenForo (just like this site). From the user experience, the XF member account information is used to log into XenForo. An advanced user mapping feature allows the designer to assign XenForo secondary user groups to WordPress roles, including custom roles.

Technically, an XF member logs into XenForo, browses to WP then some user information is copied to the WP database and capabilities are set (based on mapping). The XF cookie information is used to log the user into WP.

how would xenWord react / work with xenForo users who are added directly to the xenForo database with MySQL

I suspect this is irrelevant as to how the XF account is used. It's at the point of the member logging into the site and browsing to WP that triggers the copying to WP database and setting capabilities.