• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenWord Development in November 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Released the first beta for 3.1. It is installed on this site.

Greatest changes involved moving files into systems then adding master on/off switches.

Spending most of my time learning controllers, models, and views. I hope this allows extending into better understanding XenForo.

Adobe MAX started and it's great to see so many artists.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Renamed XenWord to XenWord Pro and released the XenWord Basic subscription. XenWord Basic is a stripped down version of 3.1, without custom posts, most widgets, and required branding. This license might help webmasters with smaller sites.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
False start on the promotions system. Something happened in the code to block the loading of widgets. Nothing done should have influenced the widget system. Therefore, I've returned to an earlier version and am starting to move forward.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
XenWord 3.2.0 respecting comment moderation with WordPress 4.7 beta 3.

What do you think?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
XenWord widgets should add support for selective refresh for widgets introduced in WordPress 4.5. I'll tinker with the code tomorrow.

Found a small bug in the xenword-dashboard.widget.php file. An extra double quote was in the line for showcase numbers.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
XenWord 3.2.0 is about ready to release. I chose not to go through the widgets yet. The new bootstrap file is significant for future development with an autoloader and using namespaces.

Comment moderation is the most significant feature for the release.

( 118 ) 3.2.0.1 - November 13, 2016
Tested with WordPress 4.7 beta 3
Bootstrap file is now a class
PHP Version Check - Plugin requires PHP 5.3+
New Comment Moderation feature
New System: Promotion. Started files. Will work through on 3.2+ [Turned Off]
Added public hook() and called from __construct in class-xenword-loader.php
Bug Fix: Extra double quote in dl for xenword-dashboard-widget.php

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Spent time on a rare issue in the post creation file, in which no forum is chosen. I've created a fallback forum ID option.

Spent time tinkering with Bob's awesome AMS addon for XenForo. I changed the loading page to a modular look. This change also shows all of the missing documentation needed for XenWord ;)

xenword documentation.png

Status
Not open for further replies.