• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenWord Development in February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Since solving the WordPress 4.5 issue, it's now important to easily figure out which pluggable function will load based on the WordPress version installed.

Health Update
As an aside, the doctor placed me on new medication on Friday. After 10 days of being sick, I went to see the doctor about a possible sinus infection. Sure enough, the sinuses were infected and was given antibiotics. During the visit, the doctor insisted on blood pressure medication. My body is getting used to it. All is good but the increase in bathroom visits at work is a little strange.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Merging 3.0.2 and 3.0.1.04 started. Basically, I've been looking for a way to have the program load a different file based on the WordPress version. The 3.0.2 series requires a different replaceable function for external login to work properly.

This source shows code and am looking at it as a means to incorporate it into XenWord.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The project files for XenWord are now in a private repository on BitBucket. This was started in 3-2014 but never used. I returned to the challenge yesterday and this morning after several developers asked for a repository rather than pushing code back and forth in PM.

The main challenge was PhpStorm uploading all files rather than just the plugin. This appears to now be resolved and I can return to actually looking at code.

I received a PM from a developer stating they have a few bug fixes. Hopefully they'll be able to commit these changes to the repository.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Started a dashboard widget. This will load board totals. Completed the switch code for WordPress 4.5. This is included in XenWord 3.0.2.02 released tonight.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Tinkered around with the idea of incorporating code for a WordPress toolbar login. The new file was created and loads. Now I'm trying to imagine how to get this to do a drop down as desired.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I've been hungup on the online user widget for the past few days. It works, then tosses an error, then works. I cannot get any consistency with it. The conflict appears with different XenForo add-ons (Post ratings, XenReviews). For now I've removed two lines and it appears to be working on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.